Week 02: GSoC 2022 with OpenMRS
Coding Period Week 02
It is the second week of our coding period in Gsoc:2022. In the previous week, I had to go through some documentation to find a solution for setting up a local instance for the 3.X E2E testing backend. You can read my experience in the past week from here. In this blog post, I’ll be sharing the experience of my second week in Gsoc:2022.
- My First Pull request
O3 1314 — Update the configurations to local instance test backend for 3.X E2E test by pasindur99 ·…
Purpose The pull request is to update configurations and readme guidance for the local instance test backend and this…
The purpose of this pull request is to update the configurations and readme guidelines to set up the local instance test backend. This pr is related to ticket number O3–1314. Changing the test backend to a local instance for 3.x E2E testing is the main goal of this pr. To achieve this goal my first approach was to update the configurations in qaframework-bdd-tests/cypress.json file. Also, I update the README guidelines in the contrib repository so that the other developers also find it easier to set up the developer environment. With this pr, I was able to fix the login test under this local instance test backend.
- Second pull request
O3–1359:Remove the unwanted 3.X test and workflows from QA framework by pasindur99 · Pull Request…
Purpose The pull request is to remove the unwanted 3.x test workflows, test files, and fixture files from the QA…
This pull request is created to remove the unwanted 3.x test workflows, test files, and feature files from the QA framework and also to update the readme file guidelines to a workable dockerized version. This pr is related to ticket number O3–1359. The first goal of this pr is to remove the tests which are not working since the issues related to the 3.X E2E testing framework. If those tests were there the developers will find it hard if they try to run these tests. Updating the guidelines to a workable dockerized version was the next goal of this pr. To achieve these goals first I had to remove the failing test workflows as well as the unwanted test files. After that, I remove the existing O3 docker file in the repository and updated the readme guidelines to set up a workable docker container.
Next week I will be working on setting up a CI/CD pipeline to integrate the test results with the QA dashboard. Let’s see how that implementation will move on in the upcoming week.
Thank you for reading! See you in Week:3 Blog. :)