Improving E2E Automated Tests for the OpenMRS 3.0 RefApp
- Project Title: GSoC 2022: Improving 3.x E2E Tests
- Primary mentor: Jayasanka Weerasinghe
- Backup mentor: Brandon Istenes
- Student: Pasindu Rupasinghe
- Project Link: GSoC 2022: Improving 3.x E2E Tests
* In OpenMRS 3 we use end-to-end automated tests to check whether the components are working together as a group. With the past E2E testing tool there was a bunch of issues and it contains a less number of test workflows since the test can’t be written because of the errors in the testing tool. So the project is mainly focused to fix those issues and make tests more reliable. And extend test cases. As well as the developer engagement is less in this project since the testing tool is not user-friendly because of those issue. So the project is mainly focused on three objectives.
* We have around twelve features testing with the tool after expanding test cases thus far.
Some test cases may be developed in the future because some of the features are still under development.
Improving 3.x E2E automated testing flowing three objectives,
- To improve the reliability of tests -COMPLETED
- To improve developer engagement -COMPLETED
- Extend test cases -COMPLETED
GitHub - openmrs/openmrs-test-3refapp
This repository is a monorepo containing two different test projects which leverage two different test frameworks…
GitHub - openmrs/openmrs-contrib-qaframework
Detailed list of Legacy Selenium Tests here. OpenMRS BDD QA framework, Currently tracking; mvn clean install…
- Pull Requests
Contrib Qaframework repo -
Test 3RefApp repo-
Pull requests · openmrs/openmrs-test-3refapp
You can't perform that action at this time. You signed in with another tab or window. You signed out in another tab or…
- Fixed Issues
Improving 3.x E2E Tests.
Currently the 3.X E2E automated test framework is under some sort of limitations and a set of issues. The testing…
- Talk Thread links
GSoC 2022: Improving 3.x E2E Tests - Project Updates
Hi all! I will be working on the project 'Improving 3.x E2E Tests' for Gsoc 2022. The project will produce a reliable…
GSoC 2022: Improving 3.x E2E Tests
Hello everyone, This thread was created to update the community about the future progress of the 3.X E2E tests. And…
The Patient chart component is loading forever in local (docker) instance.
Hi all. I'm running the O3 by using this (openmrs-distro-referenceapplication/docker-compose-distro.yml at 3.x ·…
Improving E2E Automated Tests for the OpenMRS 3.0 RefApp - Final Evaluation
Improving E2E Automated Tests for the OpenMRS 3.0 RefApp Project Title: GSoC 2022: Improving 3.x E2E Tests Primary…
Weekly Blog Posts
The project’s primary need was a functional testing tool for creating test cases for O3. Now that the product is operational, the QA engineers may create tests. After the O3 developers have created the functionalities, we will be able to construct more test cases for OpenMRS 3.
Thoughts on GSoC
My experience with the Google Summer of Code 2022 was fantastic. It was a great honor to work with OpenMRS as a contributor on the project of improving the 3.x E2E test. It was also a terrific chance for me to acquire more experience working on projects. The program had a significant impact on my life. Thank you all.